Insomnia vs. Sleep.

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Insomnia wins. Get as much sleep as you can now before baby's arrival, they said. Well, its 3:30 a.m. and I am wide awake. It has been like this for the past three nights. I'll go to bed my usual time which is 11 pm, but by 1:45 or 2:30 am I am up, both nights I had to get up to use the bathroom, but tonight Im up for no reason. Its frustrating cuz I wont fall back asleep til 4 or 5 am! I'll toss and turn and eventually Ill get up to go downstairs to eat cereal before falling back asleep. I feel so restless, but I cant nap during the day either. Sigh. I mean its no big deal because I dont have to get up at 6am for work or anything at the moment, but goodness gracious! Can I just sleep?! 


Thats how I feel about not being able to get good sleep! :P My eyes feel so heavy but as soon as I lay down and try to sleep, my mind suddenly wont shut up! Im just blabbering now because Im so tired and Im hoping this will help me get even sleepier! Also one thing that has been on my mind is the fact that for the past couple of days baby boy hasn't been as active. Normally, he's kicking up a storm in my tummy at night. Lately, Id just feel little movements. I know that my day to day activities and me moving around rocks him to sleep during the day. But come night time, I expect a lot of movements. I guess its just been worrying me and I know I shouldn't be. What I'll do is rub and poke him, and then lay of my left side for a bit and usually works. I'll feel or see him kick it and then Im okay again. This little one already has me worried! Oh the joys of pregnancy! I think no matter how much of a positive mindset I try to have, i'll never avoid being a worry wart!

Sigh. I finally purchased black out curtains for the bedroom a few days ago, now Im just waiting for John to put it up for me. I can't wait! It'll be bad because then I'd probably stay in bed 'til noon, and I normally don't like doing that because my day is wasted, but if it helps, i'll take it!

Restlessy signing out,
Jenn

You Might Also Like

0 comments