Monthly Milestones: 10 Months!!

Thursday, October 13, 2016


Ok, time to freak out a little... this handsome goof is 10 months old!! That means 2 months 'til he's officially a toddler! I cant even deal with this. When? How? Sigh. Its true what they say folks, cherish every chance and every moment you can while they are little because they grow so fast. I remember saying stuff like "I cant wait til he's old enough to do this and that" and now he's at that point, and I'm here saying "I miss him being this itty bitty." Sigh. Parenthood for ya! 

Let me tell you though, I still have days where its rough and tough. Sometimes I feel like its worse than when he was a newborn. Now that I look back, newborn-5 months was the easiest, less sleep, but it sure felt easier. It's definitely a lot tougher now that he is mobile. I have to constantly keep an eye on him to make sure he isn't falling, or tripping, or getting caught on anything, or putting things in his mouth that he isn't supposed to. He's good at that. He has so many toys to play with, but he'd rather play with things that he isnt supposed to, like my laptop, cellphone, remotes, cords, shoes. I feel like Im constantly having to reprimand him. He somewhat has a comprehension of what "stop" and "no no" means, but there's days where he refuses to listen. Im not sure if its cuz he hasn't fully gotten a grasp of what it really means. But I also give him a look and he stops what he's doing and pretends that he didnt do it. I try not to say "no" too much because Im afraid that if he hears it too much, he'll be one of those kids that only says "no!"

  • 20 lbs - 28.5 inches  
Eats:
  • EVERYTHING... even stuff that you're not supposed to eat, like paper and Pax's fur on the floor. Haha! Anything you touch automatically goes in your mouth! So that means, I gotta keep an eye on you like a hawk! :p
Sleep patterns
  •  are getting better! That, or I've just gotten used to it by now! You usually sleep 8-10 hours with one quick fuss between 2-4, but you go right back to bed. Dada or I gotta get up to find your binky around your crib to put it back in your mouth so that you'd fall back asleep. 

Diaper Size: 
  • Still at 3, which is totally find because I ordered a bunch of size 3 Honest diapers and we havent used them all up yet. 

Clothes Size: 6-9M/12M
  • Sizing is weird nowadays, some of your 6M still fit and most are getting tight, and some 9M fit but some are still big. I guess it depends on the brand. You also somewhat fit some of the 12M clothes.

Likes:
    • Chunky food vs. Pureed (although you'll still eat it, but not as much) 
    • Music! As soon as you hear some kind of music on TV, you stop whatever you were doing and will turn around and watch until its over!
    • Dancing! You'll also dance to the song, or whenever we "sing" 'Dance, da da, da da dance!" You shake your tail feather! Lol! 
    • Mama's Filipino Music play list - You will fall asleep to that play list and stay asleep during nap time for at least 2 hours! 
Dislikes:
    • When mama takes away the cellphone or remote from you! You throw a fit! I mean, cry and throw your head back and scream bloody murder! Its insane sometimes, kid! 
    • Pureed food - You're no longer a fan of it, but will tolerate it when youre really hungry and have no other choice! Haha!  
Milestones: 
    • Walking!!!! 
    • You are now walking without much assistance! I was there when you took your first steps on your own and was glad I got to record it! The smile on your face, you were so proud. I was so proud!
Firsts:
    • I think walking was the biggest one this month!!

Personality/Others: 
    • You're saying more noticeable words, like "heeyyyy bebay" or atleast thats what we think youre saying, but mostly jibberish still! Lol! You say Mama and Dada and baba a lot! Plus a bunch of other jibberish because you're so talkative! 
    • You have absolutely no stranger danger at the moment. So Mama and Dada always has to make sure we know where youre at and who's carrying you! 
    • When I said you were stubborn last month, boy you're even more stubborn this month! I guess its not your fault. Im sure you dont fully understand what "no" or "stop" means just yet. 
    • You can cry on demand some days, we'll just say "Heeyy!!!" and then you start making the saddest face and cry for 2 seconds. Lol! Such a character you are! 
    • You're definitely ticklish! You and I have this thing called "the finger" where I tickle you with my index finger (more like poke at you)! 
    • I often underestimate just how capable and smart you are. Your curiosity amazes me! Just a few days ago you figured out how to open the gate that blocks the kitchen to the living room. Idk how you figured out how to do that, but now I have to make sure its locked all the way! 
    • When you're done with a toy or object, you like to throw it. At home, in the car, at the stores. Im not sure if you're testing me and what your limits are, but boy don't push my buttons too much, because you're gonna have to start getting disciplined!
    • When I try to discipline you, you think its a joke and just start laughing that it makes it difficult for me because then I start laughing! Yeah, you gotta stop that! Haha! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments