Rewind: 2018!

Wednesday, January 09, 2019

So, here's part two of my recap. Good grief! I promise to try and not make this super long! And just quick bullets of major events.

January - April

  • We welcomed the new year with a snow blizzard! My parents finally got to experience snow fall!! They were over it by the 2nd day! Lol!
2136803A-5BFD-4964-8B84-8731C7795544
IMG_7312
  • I got a full-time job working at the Treasurer's office. It was good, but I feel like everyone I worked with were so pessimistic and it was toxic. I just feel like they weren't happy with their jobs and you can really tell. I didn't last long because around the March timeframe, Amelia decides she was no longer going to sleep through the night. It was the time she started teething. And holy moly! She was up twice at night. Id breastfeed, go back to sleep, then she'd wake up an hour later. It was torture! I'd sometimes go to work with 2.5 hours of sleep. I finally decided to just leave because it wasn't worth my sanity, and the kids were starting to get the bad side of me.
  • Amelia got baptized and became part of the Catholic faith on Feb 4! We had a small celebration at our house after the church ceremony.

  • IMG_8405
    IMG_8435
    7A29E1A1-B58F-4CFD-8109-C5386DEA0B7C
    IMG_8428
April - May
  • My dad came back the middle of April!! John was gearing up to finish the last few underways and these were longer periods, so my Dad came back and stayed until July. He came back to spend time with the kids, but having him here is always so helpful!
  • My sister got engaged! My now brother in law graduated from basic in April, and he proposed to her. They have known each other since they were maybe 10/11 through dancing? And story goes, he's always had a crush on her and they finally started dating in 2016. 

  • A526ADAE-D898-45C3-8545-27065EBBA415

  • We hiked Cascade Falls with my Dad and sister! It was Amelia's first hike! 

  • IMG_8709IMG_9082
June
  • My Mom and Aunt from Australia joins us in Virginia for some amazing family time! They flew here to celebrate a special girl's first birthday.
  • HAPPY FIRST BIRHTDAY, AMELIA CASSIDY!! <3 (June 23, 2018) - We celebrated at our neighborhood clubhouse! No catering this time, but my mom and Aunt did a lot of the cooking and they were delicious! I did most of the baking! We got to celebrate with family and friends!

  • IMG_9910
  • My sister got married!!! They decided to do a civil wedding so that she can join him in Spain when he moved.
June-August
  • After 13 months of breast feeding Amelia, my journey came to an end (by choice). She started biting my nipples really hard and it was just time, personally. 

  • We went on a family road trip for 6 days (with my parents, sister and aunt): Washington Dc, NYC, and PA. We also went to Maryland and Richmond and North Carolina during their stay here. It was nice to just be with them. The kids did so well and Im sure they had the time of their life!

  • IMG_9904
    596B4921-F10C-42B9-938B-C376E039827F
    49349462-0DF9-44B4-BAD4-F055FEBED9F7
    C343FD11-6033-4F88-A92A-43AECA81BC82
    IMG_0139
  • Lantern Fest!! We finally got to experience it! This even was postponed three times!!! Im glad my sister was still here to join us! 

  • IMG_0866
  • My sister moves back to San Diego, before moving to Spain! We were sad to see her go, but excited for the new adventures ahead!

  • IMG_1038
  • Tristan finally got over his fear of the deep water! It was our last pool day and he finally got the courage to go on the deeper end instead of just staying on the kiddie pool area! So so proud of him for conquering his fear!! 

  • IMG_1477

September
  • We finally got our orders!! We are relocating! The wait was killing me! But the place we got was already expected and a given, considering his rate has very little options for relocations! This news was bittersweet, we have been in Virginia for 10 years and we're practically locals here now, and to have to start over at some place new was sort of scary yet exciting!
  • John turns 30!!! I also gifted him a new gun (his second one) cuz he's been hinting quite a bit! 

  • IMG_1648
  • We started our #debtfreejourney!! Ive been wanting to read Dave Ramsey's 'Total Money Makeover' and I was on a reading frenzy over the summer and it was on my list! After reading it, I told myself "thats it! Were getting serious about this!!" And our journey began!
Oct-November
  • Halloween- this year we were the Incredibles! Tristan's pick after watching Incredibles 2 at the movie theater! 

  • IMG_0695

  • House hunting leave! We went to scout out possible neighborhoods we wanted to live in and base housing in early November! South Carolina was as charming of a city as I remember! 
  • I decided to start my photography business back up! Im so glad I did! Being on hiatus for almost 2 years was long enough!!
December
  • HAPPY 3rd BIRTHDAY, TRISTAN EZRA!! Wow! 3?! My goodness how fast time flies! We haven't thrown him a big party since his 1st birthday. Last year, John was underway so I decided to just skip the party and have something small at home instead with close friends. For his third birthday, we surprised him with a week long trip to DISNEYWORLD!! It doubled as a family trip as well. 

  • MK_MSGAZETT_20181213_414912566551

Well, this was 2018 in a nutshell.. sort of! Im sure I missed some awesome events, but these are some of the ones that were the highlights of my year!

You Might Also Like

0 comments