West Coast, we're headed for ya!

Saturday, March 07, 2015

Our tickets are booked! We're headed home this June for about 3 weeks! I cant wait! Last year when we went home, we were only in California for about 8 days and that certainly isnt enough to really get to enjoy being home. So this time, we decided we'd visit for a couple weeks, since we're not really planning on doing any big trips this year, but we'll see.


Now that tickets are booked, Im over here googling things to do along the Pacific Coast Highway because we plan on taking a trip up to the Bay Area for a few days since we didn't get a chance to last time. 



I was thinking of flying, but then thought about it and said "How often do we visit California?" So a road trip it is! I have a few things in mind that I'd love to stop at on the drive up and while in the bay. I have invited my sister and her boyfriend along for the journey. The more the merrier! Plus it'd be nice to have additional drivers to switch off with because it's gonna be one long drive with all the stops! Haha! We plan on going for 3-4 days. 

Pacific Coast Highway (no specific order):
  • Big Sur! I have seen so many awesome pictures of this place from travelers and I definitely want to check it out for ourselves!
    • Bixby Bridge
    • McWay Falls/Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park
  • Monterey - to stop by and say hello to my cousins who recently got relocated there!
Bay Area/SF:
  • Golden Gate Bridge (because John and I haven't been to SF together... we've always gone with family separately)
  • Twin Peaks
  • Lombard Street
  • Alamo Square
  • Union Square
  • Fisherman's Wharf/Pier 39
  • Palace of Fine Arts
  • Cliff House/Sutro Baths 
  • Point Reyes National Seashore - I have heard wonderful things about this place!
Thats all I have for the meantime. Anyone have any suggestions on things to do, see or eat? I'd love to add to the list so that we have options to choose from. I know were only there for a short period of time, but would love to cross some of the things off if we can.

As for SoCal, I'm gonna have to make a separate list for that! There's so many things that we have yet to discover in our own hometown. John left when he was 18, and I left when I was 22, so we never really got a chance to really get out and explore. Well, truth is, we took our city for granted. It wasn't until we both left that we really appreciated San Diego and the beauty it offers. So now we try and take advantage when we do visit. There is always something new to see and do and eat, specially eat! Ha!

Xo,
Jenn 

You Might Also Like

0 comments