30 Weeks: Maternity Photos!

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Untitled

Its that time for us! We got our family maternity session done today with the amazing photographer and good friend, Sarah Nolan! It's always so odd being on the other side of the lens together, but she made us feel comfortable which made it easier for us to get into a groove of things. It felt amazingly weird to be posing for our maternity session after having shooting several of these ourselves.  We had ours done on the coldest day of the week! It has been a nice fall weather all week, then it suddenly dropped today. I was freezing, but I had to try so hard to not make it so obvious!! The wind chills were no joke, but John and even Pax did amazing! I can't wait to see the rest of the pictures!!

Baby Size: Good-sized Cabbage (according to the Ovia app!)

Current Cravings: Nothing really stands out anymore because it changes daily! I still have a sweet tooth though!

Weight gain/lost: According to my most recent doctors appointment a few days ago, I have gained another 3lbs the past 2 weeks. Woah baby!  

The Bump: Is indeed growing! Sometimes I wonder how much bigger i'll get because I feel like my belly has stretched as far as it could already, but Im sure it'll stretch even more in the weeks to come! Its amazing how a woman's body works! 

Movements: He's moving like a crazy as I type! Hitting all parts of my inside, mostly my ribs and pelvic area. He has been doing tons of stretching. I dont feel his kicks as often anymore, and Im assuming its because he's running out of room in there, but I definitely fill him wiggling around and stretching. Its crazy when I feel him stretch because I can feel him from the bottom and top parts of my belly and I just imagine him stretching out his arms and legs at the same time! Hiccups have also been very noticeable this week! I feel him hiccup a lot! I feel bad because I hate when I have hiccups, but I know its not hurting him or anything. I have yet to start a kick counter, I should though. 

Sleep: This hasn't been an issue lately. I get a good 6.5-7hrs on most days, and occasionally 8. I don't wake up as often in the middle of the night as most momma-to-be has told me they'd experience. I usually use the bathroom just before I lay in bed, and every now and then (not nightly) I'll get up in the middle of the night to pee, but other than that, I sleep through the night just fine, except for when I turn to switch over to the other side and sometimes lose breath because the baby is pushing up against my diaphragm. I started sleeping somewhat propped up which as somewhat helped. 

Looking Forward To: My maternity session with John! I'm a lot more comfortable when John is the one behind the camera, i mean obviously! I love how he has learned to take control during a session and actually direct on how to pose, if my angle looks flattering or not. I can't wait to see what he comes up with, plus being able to put on the dress I made and the one I ordered! Glam time! Lol! 

Meaningful moments:  John and I laughing at the most ridiculous and lamest thing ever! It was a picture he showed me on Facebook and we were literally rolling on the floor (in our case, the couch) laughing our butts off! I was laughing so hard, that I was on the verge of peeing and crying! Oh man! It was great! I haven't had a good laugh like that in so long, and for something that someone else probably wouldn't have found so hilarious! But thats what I love about us, we can laugh at the stupidest things together!

I miss: being able to drink alcohol! So bad, I know! I'm not as big of a drinker as I was 5 years ago. I stopped drinking a lot 2 years ago when we started actively trying again, so its been a while since I've had a good drink! We recently went to a friends party and most of the ladies there were buzzed, tipsy or drunk and I felt a little out of place! Lol! I'm sure when the time comes, I'll have a drink and I wont like it! But just the freedom of being able to do so I guess, is what I miss! But whatever, Id give up alcohol anyday!

Dada's Thoughts: Baby is getting so big! Looks like Momma's about to blow.  I love it when she sits down and you can see baby just moving around like crazy in her belly.  It's like he's doing baby yoga in there.  Get your exercise baby, make up for all the exercising your Pops hasn't been doing.  It seems like as we move through the pregnancy, I'm gaining all the pregnancy weight.  Momma still looking good, but Pops... not so much.  So hopefully I could get back into it, I don't want to be tired when you want to play catch, I need to stay healthy!

I've come to the realization that I am who I am, based on how I was raised and who I chose to influence me as I grew up.  As soon as I found out we were having a baby, the question I continually asked myself was "Am I ready to raise a child?"  I don't think I'll ever be ready, as ready as I can be I guess. So I'll take what I've learned from my parents, my elders, all of my mentors, and just teach my child how to be the best human being he can be.  I hope he picks up a camera while he's young, so we could go on documenting adventures together.  A change in view from what I see. How an adult and a child sees life is so different.  I can't wait 'til he gets old enough to hold things because Jenn says as soon as he can,  one of the first things were handing him to hold is the Fisher Price camera toy we bought him before he was even conceived! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments